If you have not configured any of the mail services on your smartphone, then do read the contents carefully and apply it on your device.
First of all, we are going to discuss the requirements that are need to configure SMTP client on your smartphone. The configuration requirements are here as follows:
Username: This is also called the Email address of your RCN mail. The username must be followed by the domain name.
Password: This is nothing but the login password for your RCN mail. If you are configuring a mail for the first time, then you will require this password for the authentication purpose. You need to enter it carefully because limited chances are available for login verification.
Incoming server: The incoming server link must be in the form imap.RCNmail.com. If you are using a POP server, then you need to read the related step mentioned below in this blog post.
Outgoing server: This must be in smtp.rcnmail.com. Here RCN mail is the domain name. You can also configure other mail service provider on your smartphone tablet.
Now we are going to discuss the setup steps with you.
- Open the Email icon from the screen by tapping on it. If it is not available on the home screen, then swap across the other screen or go to app icon from the screen. Here you will find a list of all the apps installed on your system. The icon for mail app looks almost same in all the smartphones.
- You will find three dots on the top right of the front screen. Click on it to open the sub menu. Under the sub-menu, you will find ‘settings’ option on the screen. Click on it.
- Choose ‘manage accounts’ under settings.
- Now, you will find ‘+’ icon on the screen. Click on it to add an account.
- Tap on ‘others’.
- Type the mail address of your RCN com login and password in the relevant field.
- Choose IMAP from the list of ‘type of account’ you want. If you want to click on POP3 account, then click on it.
- Now enter the RCN email address in the first box and RCN email login password in the next box. Both these boxes must be filled carefully.
- If you have selected IMAP server, then enter IMAP. RCN mail.com in the highlighted domain section. In the case of any clarification related to the domain name, you can visit RCN email support website from your device.
- Select ‘None’ for your security type in the next box.
- Port number is set by default. If no port number is available, then enter 143 in it manually.
- The prefix path for IMAP is not necessary.
- If you have chosen a POP3 account type, then enter POP3.RCN mail.com in the server name.
- The port number valid for this account type is 110.
- Click on ‘next’ to proceed further.
- SMTP based server users must enter SMTP.RCN mail.com.
- The port number for this server is 587.
- The ‘require sign-in’ box must be checked.
- Enter the username and password of your RCN mail account and click on ‘next’.
- Now, wait for some seconds, until the server settings get verified. After this, you can easily sync your mail on the phone.
- Click on ‘next’ to proceed.
- You have the option to enter the name of your choice, which will get displayed on the outgoing messages.
- After this, you will get a message on the screen, which says ‘You have successfully configured RCN mail on your smartphone’.
If you find any problem in accessing the mails of your account later on, then you can take RCN help from the official RCN home page.