You can easily add your Google account to the mail app and start getting messages on it. However, if you want to configure any other email service that is not given in the pre-defined list, then the process is bit confusing and complicated.
Do you also want to configure any such mail service like RCN Email or any other? If yes, then here’s how you can configure it on the windows mail app.
Recover POP3/SMTP addresses
- To start with the process, open the server address link to check the addresses of your server.
- Incoming server address for RCN Email login will look like pop.rcnmail.net. Here RCN mail is the name of your email server.
- For outgoing mail server, you need to move down and look for the addresses where it is written like SMTP followed by your server name. Most of the servers use secureserver.net for outgoing emails. You can also check the list from the online platform.
Configuring the Email account in the Windows 10 app
- Once the incoming and outgoing addresses get located, you need to open the windows 10 app now. This can be opened from the start menu of your Windows
- Locate the settings icon from the mail app. You will find this option in the bottom left of the screen.
- The further drop down menu will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on ‘Accounts’ section here.
- You will now find the list of all the accounts which are already configured on Windows 10 mail app. Select ‘Add account’ option from the bottom of the list. You will now get sign-in greetings in the box.
- To add a POP3 account in the accounting field, go to advanced setup option to open the list of available providers.
- Now, you will be directed to the next window, where you will be asked to select the ‘Internet Email’ for windows app.
- Now, enter all the information related to your RCN com login in the boxes provided and click on ‘next’ to proceed further. If you are using third party mail service, then you can call at support number for further clarification and support.
- Now enter the name of the account, which will get displayed on the screen. You must enter a different name from that of other service providers.
- Enter the username and password for your RCN Email. As soon as you enter the information, you will get updates on the screen available if any. For any type of RCN help, you can visit the official link.
- Now, it’s the time to enter the POP server information and the SMTP address.
You have the option to change the mail settings hereafter. These settings include; turning on and off the outgoing mail authentication while sending or receiving the mail. You can also change the SSL settings for your RCN mail account from here. In case of further help and support, you can call at RCN Email support number provided on the official web page.
Now, you can sign-in to your account from your Windows Mail app. If your account is properly configured, then the name of your account will start appearing on the right-hand side of the mail app.
To verify your account, it is recommended to either send a test mail to your friend or to yourself from the new mail account. If it has received to your friend, then it means that it is working fine and your connection is verified.