If you have not downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird yet to your computer, then you can download it for free from the computer. The latest version available to download for your system is 45.0. Moreover, you can download the software in your own language from the Linux or windows operating system. If you are not aware of the current version of Mozilla thunderbird, then there is nothing to worry. It will automatically download the correct version of the program for your computer. All the instructions related to its use, version and update can be read from the official website of Mozilla thunderbird.
The general configurations required to configure Frontier Email login on your computer are as follows:
- Incoming mail server: POP3.frontier.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.frontier.com
- Username of your frontier mail account
- Valid password for sign in.
- A secure connection is must, otherwise, the data may get hacked.
In case, you are using an obsolete version of Thunderbird, then there is no need to update it simply follow the steps mentioned here as under
- Open the Thunderbird program from the list of programs.
- Go to ‘tools’ from the Account settings option.
- Click to add a mail account from the menu available on the front screen. You will find this option under account section.
- Click ‘Next’.
- Enter your name in the username field and email address in the Frontier com login
- Now, you are required to enter the password in the next box. Enter it carefully, then click on ‘continue’ option.
- Now, wait and sit back relax, until the Mozilla thunderbird recognizes your email settings.
- Once the email settings get detected, you must check whether your thunderbird is using SSL or not.
- Click to create an account and finish the setup process.
- If your SSL is not enabled, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to tools then Account settings.
- Select the settings of your server from the screen.
- Choose SMTP for outgoing mail server from the left of the menu screen.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Now you will be asked the type of security required, click on ‘SSL’.
- Next, you must check the port number used is 465. Any other port number may create an issue.
- Click OK and OK again.
Now after completing the setup procedure, you will require enabling SMTP authentication for your Frontier mail account. The advantage of enabling SMTP authentication on your account is that; it protects your account from unwanted spams and mails, which may stop your email functioning. If you are using any email software, then the use of SMTP authentication is a must. Following requirements are must for SMTP authentication:
POP3 incoming mail server.
SMTP outgoing mail server.
Frontier login username.
A valid and confidential frontier mail password.
This is all about the steps for configuring the Frontier mail on Mozilla thunderbird. We hope you have understood it properly. If you are still having any doubt related to the steps or its working, then you can take Frontier help from the official frontier site. Apart from this, Frontier also provides Frontier email support to its users over the telephone. If you are not satisfied with the reply given by team on the email, then you can call the team executives directly by calling at the toll-free numbers mentioned on the Email support web page.